Adapted by David Rice, based on the novel by Horace Walpole
Directed by Alison C. Vesely
Performed September 30, 2009 ~ November 1, 2009
“Horror stalks the castle!”
From the playwright who brought us The Madness of Edgar Allan Poe, the most popular play First Folio has ever produced!
One family curse, two murders and three ghosts combine to produce a macabre tale of adventure and romance.The Castle of Otranto marked the invention of the Gothic novel and provided inspiration for the greatest writers of horror stories in the English language, from Mary Shelley to Edgar Allan Poe to Bram Stoker. Join us for this World Premiere!
- David Girolmo* as Baron Manfred
- Tony Dobrowolski* as Father Jerome
- Dev Kennedy* as Mysterious Knight
- Chris Amos as Theodore
- Caitlin Chuckta as Princess Isabella
- Hayley L. Rice+ as Lady Matilda
- Rosalind Hurwitz as Baroness Hippolyta
- Lindsay Leopold as Bianca
- Eli Branson as Jacques
- Jim Kozyra as Diego
- Stage Manager – Amber Johnson
- Asst. Stage Manager – Sara Robinson
- Angie Miller+ – Scenic Design
- Nick Sandys*+ – Fight Director
- Elsa Hiltner+ – Costume Design
- Michael McNamara- Lighting Design
- Christopher Kriz – Sound Design
- Jesse Gaffney – Props Design
* = Member Actor’s Equity Association + = Artistic Associate of First Folio Theatre
Click on the thumbnails below to view the full images from The Castle of Otranto.
All above photos by Melissa Carlson.